Opinião | The Witches | Roald Dahl

Title: The Witches/ As Bruxas (pt)
Author: Roald Dahl
Illustrations: Quentin Blake
Portuguese publisher: Terramar
Year: 2003
Pages: 227


Spoiler Review:

This book is sooooo amazing! I think it was the first Roald Dahl's book I've read and I loved it with all my heart. I loved the story and description of the witches and I think that if I had read this as a child, I would be truly scared and fear every single woman wearing gloves.
But what I loved the most was the connection and relationship between the boy and his grandmother. It truly spoke to my heart, as I was reading it and remembering my own connection with my grand grandmother who raised me. Even after the accident and the loss they've passed through, love conquered all. And that lady, she has all that sass we love to see in female characters.
It is such a positive book, with such a good vibe from these two main characters, who live the most amazing adventures to capture all the witches in the world.
Although it's a middle grade and so ancient, it's absolutely one of my favorites of the year! I definitely recommend this one 🐁

Goodreads classification: ✰✰✰✰✰

Comentários